My Pc

rudad

Beta member
Hi aal im new here so i'll be brief.

I recently got a Pc for my bedroom as a kind of gift from a neighbour. Now it ain't the best PC in the world but its OK ish. Here are the specs (dont laugh, well OK if you want to) Its a Time computer with a AMD athlon processor running at 1.33 GHz and has 96 MB of RAM. Its hard drive is only 21 GB. Now apart from taking the mick out of it, what I want you guys to help me with is this, will broadband internet work with this and also what if anything can i do with it. You know i dont want to install programs that will be too much for the little thing if you know what I mean ;) and finaly will nowadays PC games work on it. Dont ask me what sound/graphics card it has I dont know. Oh and its on winmdows XP with service pack 2 installed. Thought I might add that to make it sound special :) k thx

Well, with 96MB RAM Windows XP should NOT be on it. If you don't know what video card is We can't really help you. With 96MB RAM, It will NOT play nowaday video games.

Games like warcraft 3 reign of chas and that sort of thing. Nothing like those fancy First person shooters. I managed to get black and white to run perfectly on it. Also wiil broadband work on it

With 96 RAM, you can't play WC3, I have the box right next to me and the minimum it says is 128. You can try, it's not like it's going to blow up or anything.

Ok i will try but wiil broadband internet work? I ask this because I want to get broadband internet up and running so that I can connect my Xbox 360 that I will be getting at christmas to xbox live. If not then I will have to connect xbox live to my Family PC downstairs that ia ALOT better than this one in my room.

You'll just need to probably buy an ethernet port, do you already have one? If not they're only like 5 bucks and you plug it into a PCI slot, but yeah boradband will work on your computer.

ok thanks ;) Oh and I was wondering I have a problem with my sound. Whenether i put a DVD into the DVD/CD-RW drive it plays the movie on cyberlink Powerdrive DVD player and the DVD picture plays perfectly but the sound is all jumpy and peoples voices are distorted. Now ive tried adjusting the sound settings in the control panel and the speaker settings but to no effect. Is there something wrong with the DVd drive as this only really happens when i put in DVDs nut also (but not as common) on games. I dont think it the soundcard etc thats buggering up as when I play media files in windows media player 9 series the sound and picture are perfect. Its either the speakers or something needs adjusting, but what? help!?

Computergen said:
Well, with 96MB RAM Windows XP should NOT be on it. If you don't know what video card is We can't really help you. With 96MB RAM, It will NOT play nowaday video games.
Of course it shouldn't... but I had xp on a comp with 556mhz pent. III, 64mb, and a 14.5 gb hd. it was slow... but it worked. Upgraded from windows 98 baby... Unless you got a new power supply, a new graphics card, a new mobo, new ram, and a new hd. (basically a new comp0 playing games like warcraft III will not work... I doubt they will install... when I had integrated graphics and I tried to install halo it wouldn't let me... but that's halo... halo for pc, that is.

Back
Top Bottom