My new computer is not behaving correctly.

Fully Optimized
Well it has not been more than a week that I got my new motherboard and since the second I assembled it, it has not been working correctly. After 3 days and many burnt DVD's, I realized the second stick of RAM was dead. After removing it, W7 installation went as planned. I soon installed Mozilla Firefox and that too did not go as smoothly as I had planned and got many false downloads. After installing my wireless adapter, my internet starts to drop out at least 10-20 times a day requiring a restart to reconnect. Next and last, my favorite game quits during the middle when anything gets too intense. The game is not I high resorce game and I have played much larger maps with more players with more ships on much weaker machines and I have never had any problem like this. The game then has to be restarted to run again and it continues to do frequent shutdowns.

For lack of a better explanation, I think I'd better try reinstalling Windows 7 or RMA'ing my motherboard. But before I do anything, do I have any other options or things that could be causing my problems?

As far as your wireless problems.....I dont think that is related to your mother board. Since I have installed Windows 7 from XP my wireless drops every 10 min and requires a restart. I have given up on it and went with wired internet and now I have no problems.

I use W7, and my computers works fine.

Try disconnecting everything, then reconnect them. If that doesnt work, then I guess reinstall windows?

Is there another board you can try?

As far as your wireless problems.....I dont think that is related to your mother board. Since I have installed Windows 7 from XP my wireless drops every 10 min and requires a restart. I have given up on it and went with wired internet and now I have no problems.

Strange thing is my other problems all seem to have come at a strange time. My sister's wireless adapter with the exact same OS as mine and her's works perfectly.

I use W7, and my computers works fine.

Try disconnecting everything, then reconnect them. If that doesnt work, then I guess reinstall windows?

Is there another board you can try?

I've tried all of that. And I don't have another motherboard to use.

I bet a Q6600 and an EVGA 750i sounds pretty good right now, haha.

Sounds like your board. But it maybe your processor. Try using another one from another machine.

Back
Top Bottom