My Monitor

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I have a question. A while back I went all out on a monitor and spent well over a $1,000 on a 23" Sony Widescreen Monitor. Now my question is, Theres times the monitor is staticy in the background if you will. What would cause this? Is it a setting, or should I pursue the warranty?

like dead pixels? I would contact the manufacture and demand a refund... normal moniters usually have dead pixels or work perfectly fine.

elmonomalo said:
like dead pixels? I would contact the manufacture and demand a refund... normal moniters usually have dead pixels or work perfectly fine.

No, It's actually a crystal clear picture, but at certain color backgrounds it almost looks as if theres fine static going on in the background on the entire screen.

i would call sony and talk to them about your problem and see if you really need to use your warranty... they might just have you send in your monitor then they will fix it or send you a new/refurbished one back.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Staticy? You're going to have to go a little deeper into that, you mean some areas with flash a little?

Hmm...Ok..You know when you go to the movie theatre, they're screens are all staticy..Like that..Hard to explain.

medabomb2000 said:
i would call sony and talk to them about your problem and see if you really need to use your warranty... they might just have you send in your monitor then they will fix it or send you a new/refurbished one back.

Yea, I'm thinking the same. I was just wondering if maybe I have something set wrong or incorrectly,..Somehow.

if you have another monitor around your house or a friend can let you borrow, try hooking it up to see if it is still having that problem, if it is, it is probably a setting or even something wrong with your video card.

Back
Top Bottom