Is my Laptop/Fan faulty

UKGuy3182

Beta member
Hi, I'm new here, I bought a Sony Laptop off Ebay which I have received today.

I noticed as soon as I turned it on that it was warm and the fans seem to be running all the time as soon as it is turned on.

I downloaded a program called Speedfan to see what the temperature readings are and these are the results.

Please can you give me some advice on this.

Thanks.

9684425205_9c8ca5e18d_b_d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for you reply, I have pushed the speed of the GPU Fan up to 50% and as you can see the CPU fan is running at around 3180 RPM, should it be running at that speed all of the time? shouldn't it cool the Laptop down and then stop running or reduce in RPM?

This is the most recent temperatures, this is 2 hours after i turned the Laptop on and after doing some general web browsing and a few other little things.

9685098649_42740b05b5_o_d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This image below is where it seems to be the hottest it gets, I noticed that the CPU Fan was running at around 4900 RPM for a minute or so before going back down to 3900 RPM.

The fans never stop running, they are on all the time I thought they would turn off once the Laptop has cooled down enough before coming back on?

This is after 3 hours of internet browsing:-

Your temps are fine mate, laptops get hot quite easliy. 46c is good, it'll prob rise to 80c while gaming etc an still be fine. it will turn itself off if it gets to hot (normally 95c+)

Every two years you should get it taken apart and have the cooling fans cleared of debris (hair and dust etc) and have new thermal paste applied.

Back
Top Bottom