my ipod touch 3rd generation won't turn off.

1337G33k

In Runtime
it's been 2 weeks since this started. I've tried everything. Will i have to purchase a new 3g Ipod Touch? please help me

To bad you can't take out the battery.
Try wait until it dies, rechage it again, turn it on and see if it still does not turn off.
It might be the button that's out of place. if thats the case you just have to send it back for repair.

it's been 2 weeks since this started. I've tried everything. Will i have to purchase a new 3g Ipod Touch? please help me

Hang on, i appreciate not being able to turn the device off means that it is technically faulty but by design it's not really meant to be turned off. It's meant to be locked which is effectively a stand by mode that uses very little battery.

Personally if i just had an Ipod Touch that wouldnt turn off i certainly wouldnt even be thinking about buying a new one?

On another note about actually fixing the problem.
Does the lock button actually work? If it does you may want to look on google for instructions on putting it into restore mode through Itunes. If the button is actually broke you don't want to be turning it off anyways?

Hang on, i appreciate not being able to turn the device off means that it is technically faulty but by design it's not really meant to be turned off. It's meant to be locked which is effectively a stand by mode that uses very little battery.

Personally if i just had an Ipod Touch that wouldnt turn off i certainly wouldnt even be thinking about buying a new one?

On another note about actually fixing the problem.
Does the lock button actually work? If it does you may want to look on google for instructions on putting it into restore mode through Itunes. If the button is actually broke you don't want to be turning it off anyways?

it's funny that you mention that, it is meant to be turned off. I just leave it on standy with the brightness all way down ( i found it goes a lot faster) But thanks man, ill try it.

Last edited:
Stand by with the brightness turned down? stand by (locked) turns the screen off?
Are you confusing turning it off with locking the device?

If the screen won't turn off it might be that the hold button is broken.

Before you buy a new one, restore it to factory settings.

Back
Top Bottom