My graphics card died recommend me...

Menasor

Beta member
a new graphics card that will go with my mobo. I don't want to buy or build a totally new computer but my graphics card while not the best die because the fan on graphics card wont spin it kinda spin in the beginning when it turns on but it like struggles or can seem to turn after that. Heres my mobo

GIGABYTE GA-965G-DS3 LGA 775 Intel G965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

and this is the graphics card that I think is the problem and broken

EVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Support Video Card - Retail

Can you please recommend me a card that will work for my mobo? If you are curious I have a Core 2 Duo E6400 and a 550 watt power supply. Any other information that will help let me know thank you. I'm looking to spend less than $100 dollars on a new card, but one that is an upgrade over my 7900gs. If its a little over 100 dollars I can let it slide but nothing too crazy my computer is 2 years old and I'd rather save money up for a new laptop or car :) Thank you for any help or suggestions.

so first of all did your GFX card stop puting out video or just the fan is dieing?

any video card that sayes PCI Express x16 will fit in your mobo and as long as it has the monitor connector you need then it will work

The monitor will turn on for like max 30 secs and I look at the graphics card fan and it doesn't spin. I notice it spins sometimes when I first turn on the computer but then stops and kind of struggles like moves not even a 5 cmm to turn then goes back and tries to move alittle.

Someone from another forum posted I should get this card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_re=ATI_Radeon_4770-_-14-131-155-_-Product

what do you guys think? Best bang for my buck because its $109 dollars and they said its an upgrade over my 7900gs.

bump

Sparkle SX98GT512D3L-NM GeForce 9800GT 512MB PCI Express 2.0 Video Card, Low Profile, Native HDMI. Retail Box.

$99 ~ Directron.com

I bought a 9800gt a week ago for my girlfriends computer and I'm impressed with how well it handles games. She plays Dragon age at 1280x1024 with everything turned up and no lag. It also plays left4dead 2 with decent settings pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom