my front usb ports don't like mp3 players

mikee

Fully Optimized
On my computer I usually have my ipod's cable plugged in the back of my computer and have it stretch out front but today I was testing out my old mp3 player temporarily so I plugged it into the front then it immediately gave me the dead battery warning then froze so i unplugged it and powered it on again and it worked and reported having half battery left. I tried my ipod on the front and it detects ok but continues to run off the battery power and doesn't indicate any charging. What is going on here?

you need to run itunes. Sometimes my girlfriends iphone touch freaks out like that if shes not running itunes while its plugged in.

also should update the firmware..should help with battery life issues.

I have itunes set to launch when the ipod gets plugged in and it works fine with the rear ports but the ones in the front of the case just cause it and my old sansa mp3 player to either not charge or say the battery is dead when it clearly isn't.

Looks like they are, its just 2 wires plugging into little headers on the motherboard and that's it. They work fine for flash drives but for some reason its just mp3 players.

Back
Top Bottom