My friend needs ugrgent help...

connchri

Daemon Poster
OK, Windows sees them. Go into the Device Manager, and they should be listed in it somewhere. The drives may have an exclimation or question mark beside them. Right click the drive and go to properties. Tell me what it says in the text box. Do the same for the other drive.

ok, so my friend is playing bf2 and then he shuts off his comp (hp pent 4, 2.8ghz, 1gb of ram, 200gb hd, x300se (pciex), and a dvd rw and cdrom). He then gets up the next morning to play bf2 again, only to find that he can't "find" his dvd rom, meaning that his computer can't find the two drives. He hasn't touched his computer inside. He's checked all cables, but he hasn't put in any new drives. Microsoft just tells him that it can't find the drives. What can be done to solve this? I've told him to take out the old drives, put in new ones, and see what happens, but he has yet to do that. What should be done? THanks guys.

Hmm, and he didn't touch anything....

It got a glich of somesort. Have a look in the BIOS (by pressing Del, F1 or F2 during the POST) and see if it can see the Drives. If it can, you have a Windows problem. If not, Try rededecting the IDE/ATA devices in the BIOS. If they still are not being detected, Open the side pannel of the case and make sure all the cables from and too the drives are attached properly.

Also, can I ask, When the PC is powered on, is there power going to the drives? Try and open the drives and see if they open. If they dont, double check the power cables are plugged into them, if they still won't power on, you may have a PSU problem.

Do you mean that you can't see them in the My computer drive list?

If so then check you can see them in Device Manager, accessed through control panel and then system and click on the hardware, you should then see CD ROM/DVD drives and click on that if they are showing there, then right click uninstall.

Then restart your computer, all being well it should then detect the drives and install them and you should be able to see them again.

If not then do what connchri said......

He says that he can detect them in BIOS, like in this picture:
bawalalalala.jpg

If you can't access that... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/dkingsbury/bawalalalala.jpg

Back
Top Bottom