My First Gaming Rig Guide advice welcome

devilsbrain696

Solid State Member
This is my first rig so this is what i have come up with for a budget rig any advice and help will be welcome Thank you.

CPU: Amd Fx 8350 8 core overclocked to 4.2
Motherboard: Asus M5A99Fx
GPU: R9 280x 3gb graphics card
Ram: 16GB kingston ddr3 1866 mhz
PSU: Corsair 750w
Memory: samsung 840 evo 250gb
Gaming case: Zalman 11

this is what i have chosen and for around £820 going to use it for games like elder scrolls online, bf4, crysis, thief, and mmorpg. so any help advice in what i have chosen will help me thank you and ps sorry about my spelling thank you

Perfect I would just add an aftermarket cooler and probly a 2nd bigger hard drive

Last edited:
Why do you need 16GB of ram if you will be only gaming, You'd only need that much if you were going to be doing video and photo editing or running a lot virtual machines at once..

agree on the RAM. not necessarily with 16gig.

Also. That CPU is known to get VERY hot.. just the slightest overclock then the coolermaster 212 evo is not gonna be good enough for that CPU.

I'll recommend something like the coolermaster V6GT or V8. Something in that class.
Or better yet, a liquid cooling solution. Like the H60 k12 edition. I have that cooler myself.

Ok I would lower the RAM to 8GB. I saw a couple of YouTube videos that actually showed (albeit so slight that you wouldn't notice) performance decrease with 16GB.

I would recommend a platter drive for storage and remap "my documents" to it. This will make the SSD last a bit longer.

Finally if you are overclocking that CPU then really consider water cooling. Closed loop systems are reasonable, especially compared to custom loops.

Mossiac

my motherboard cpu and ram comes as a bundle but the option of having 8 gig of ram and instead i can upgrade the cpu cooler to either corsair hydro h80i or corsair hydro100i.
i am a bit worried about liquid cooling as i am a beginner but the bundle comes pre made ready to plug and play.

Do you mean the whole system comes prebuilt, Generally with most online orders depending on who you go with, they give the option to assemble it at an extra cost..

Back
Top Bottom