My first desktop build.

zackcon2

In Runtime
MOTHERBOARD : ASUS Rampage II GENE Motherboard $209

PROCESSOR : Intel Core i7 860 Processor BX80605I7860 $289

POWER SUPPLY : Corsair HX750W 750-Watt Modular Power Supply - Single +12V Rail Design

GRAPHIC CARD : MSI N465GTX TWIN FROZRII GeForce GTX 465 Twin Frozr II Video Card - 1024MB GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0, Dual DVI, Mini HDMI, SLI, DirectX 11

HARDDRIVE : Western Digital WD5000AAKS Caviar Blue Hard Drive - 500GB $50

CASE : COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic Computer Case $60

MONITOR : Alienware OptX AW2210 21.5" Full HD Widescreen Monitor $270

KEYBOARD : GIGABYTE GK-K6800 Glossy Black USB Wired Standard Professional Multimedia Keyboard $17

RAM : Corsair CMT4GX3M2A1866C9 Dominator GT Dual Channel 4096MB PC15000 DDR3 Memory - 1866MHz, 2x2048MB, 9-9-9-24

also what are your thoughts on the preformance of a intel board?

corsair h70 cooling

DVD DRIVE: Samsung TS-H663B Internal DVD Writer - DVD+R 22X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-RW 6X, DVD-RAM 12X, CD-R 48X, OEM

operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT Operating System Software - OEM DVD

Please state your general region so we can shop in the same currency. I'm seeing different prices so I'm not sure where you are shopping.

The only decent Intel branded mobo's were the x38 and x48. Even then, Asus and DFI iced their cake like no one's business.

Looks like a nice build there. I'm a fan for Evga myself and would buy their P55 and GTX465 before anyone else's but it's all about preference, I guess. I'm not one to suggest mATX boards, but since the board you've chosen is, I offer this as an option: Evga P55 SLI Micro. You can go cheaper with a full ATX (7 slot) non-SLI and even cheaper with a mATX P55 with slower RAM support. Regardless of price, the Evga boards have just as much quality as their high end.
Corsair makes a nice PSU and the wattage chosen is fine.
If you're going for a 500GB, choose the ST3500418AS (SeaGate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB/16MB) I built several computers for myself and others using this drive and it's a real performer! Single 500GB platter.
The i7 860 is a fine processor.
The monitor? Like all AlienWare products, you're over-paying for something that can easily be substituted. Personally, I like HP Monitors. The picture is pretty crisp and the build quality is excellent. On top of that, they are reasonably priced. HP S2331 23"
OCZ has become disappointing lately, so I'm reluctant to suggest their products to other people. I can still deal with it because I've tweaked their products before. Corsair makes very nice RAM, anyways.
H70, not really necessary unless you're overclocking. But at how expensive air coolers are getting...You might as well.
The HAF 912. Never seen one close. I've seen the 932 and 922, and both were impressive. Plus I've always loved CM cases. There's no way to lose on this choice.
DVD drive looks alright, no problems there. Just make sure it's SATA

yea i was in a hurry this morning doing this post. eastern USA using tigerdirect.com, this is supose to be a gaming build. As for the case i was hoping it was a large case. and i might overclock some after i learn how do do such wich was one of the reasons i was wanting the ranpage 3 since what i have read it was easy to overclock with that board. the main reason that i wanted that gpu was the fact it had as it apears good cooling since it has dual fans but i want a realy good gpu to play on highest detail with 30-60 fps. That dvd drive i chose i dount realy know anything about i just slected that one since i almost forgot to put one on my "wish list" if you have any sujestions on that i would be nice! I curently play games on a m65 labtop with a intel centrino duo at 1.83 ghz with a nivadia quatro fx 350 gpu 256mb. the least to say is im tired of the lowest graphics and still lagging.

ayone else has anycomments?

Back
Top Bottom