My drives are locked up

AFTERSHOCK7474

Solid State Member
I dont know what happend but all of a sudden my F drive and E drive wont open. if i insert a blank cd to put documents on it I go to open the F drive and it says "incorect function" and when i insert a cd with documents already on it it opens but it wont let me modify them or erase them or copy them. Also it wont let me paste more documents on it it says you cannot copy the document to the drive becouse they are read only. when i put a dvd in my E drive it says please insert disk when there is one in it. please help!

You won't be able to modify them or save more on the cd's, they don't work like floppy drives and are just read only
Even if they are CD-RW discs, this isn't possible done this way...

As for DVD discs not being read, is it even a dvd drive?

If you insert a blank disc to be written to, you won't be able to copy documents to it this way if its not been set up to, and to windows, there is no disc in it.

EDIT: If it is a cd copier drive, right click the icon for the cd (f or g) and go to properties. Then go to the recording tab, and select to enable it. You will now be able to use it as a cd copier, yet you still won't be able to modify documents and save them using this method

Hope this helps

Read the Edit I made :p As long as its a recordable drive, the option should be there

As for reading it, is it a DVD drive?

yes it is a dvd drive i use to be able to watch dvd's on it and i use to be able to edit disk's. i hvae no clue what happened

hmm... neither do I I'm afriad.
If that tab isn't there, then windows doesn't think it is a cd recorder and so its not set up right...

Did you get a driver disc with it?

im not sure if i got a disk i dont recall one but what is your email i would like to send you a picture of what comes up when i got into properties on my drive... it is a pie chart and it says there is no free space? if that means anything.

also my freind did something on hear that he learned or something and it was called a disk defragmentor and disk cleanup? i have no clue if thats what screwed it up becouse it seems like they locked up after that

Back
Top Bottom