My Dell Inspiron 2400 Wont turn on

PCdude11

In Runtime
My dell 2400 wont turn on, I re-attached all the cords at the back and tested if the power board was working. I haven't opened the case yet because I don't know what to look for. Help would be REALLY appreciated!!!

thanks

Um, is there a way of testing it without using another computer? Or can I tell by looking at it. Also could it be anything else?

No, you can't really tell by looking at it, you have to put another power supply in and see if it works.

If you are uncomfortable working on your pc, I would take it to a computer shop and let them fix it.

Yer, I didn't think i would be able to see anything wrong by looking at it. I don't really have a spare power supply lying around, but i'm not uncomfortable working on it (i have before). :) I will probably have to take it to a PC shop or borrow a power supply from someone else who has a dell inspiron 2400 or the same power supply.

TY for all the help!!

That little jump start test wouldn't have prevented your meltdown. It's really only used to see if your PSU is putting out power or for testing things like fans.

Its ok now i have absolutely no idea what it was but after a 4th attempt at starting it it working! thank you for all the replies.

Back
Top Bottom