My computer wont start the OS!!!

ashaiba

In Runtime
Ok, so one day i got pissed off at my computer, and i know its not the computer is fault. i think i have a great computer. its simply becuase i am using Windows. Out of control, i thought...hmmmm maybe i should just take my computer apart, who gives a fword anyways, this computer sucks....so i fully took apart my computer. then i put it back together all clean and fresh. i thought i was going to play my computer games all happy and clean. until i put my comptuer back together, put all the wires in, and when i turned on my computer, everything would go on, but then nothing would apear on the moniter, nothing is active, the fans are going basirck and i dunno what to do!!! so i take out my body and un plug and plug the wires thinking i didnt plug them in tight, i turn on my computer and it WORKS, until i have to restart my computer because i installed a little software (typical windows stuff). Once it is restarded IT WONT START THE OS..AGAIN, instead nothing is active and the fans are going bazerk, i did what i did prevoiusly and turned on my computer and now it just wont work... I DONT WANNA SPEND hundreds of beautiful precious dollars on my computer when i can fix it for free on the internet!
----------

I have taken photos of the inside of my computer, i have a feeling it has something to do with my bad wiring skills.

----------
O and my computer is a VAIO RS Series.

<br>

this is the back of my VAIO

<br>

Notice the one wiring that isnt connected to anything, I DONT NO WHERE TO CONNECT IT =(((

<br>

The red wire goes to my master harddrive.

<br>

I have a feeling that my harddrive my be the core of the problem, but i dont no what to do.

<br>

Overview of the inside of my computer

-------------

thank you

o and i mite add. when i took apart my computer and put it back together, a red wire exactly like the one with the pick connecting from harddrive 2 motherboard was out of the computer and in my hands some how. i think i didnt put it back in the correct area. where am i supposed 2 put it back???

There is a small port on the motherboard called the SATA plug, it plugs into there. It's not hard to find, it looks similar to the plug, only it will be a female connector.

As for it not starting, did you make sure everything is connected right? All plugs, jumpers, and the RAM, which is a common one. Basically make sure everything is installed right you should be fine.

When you took it apart, you didn't set the components on the carpet, did you? Static electricity can destroy our computers.

i plug in the slave harddrive to the sata plug on motherboard?

and no, no carpet, i did it in my lil control computer server room, however u wanna call it. no carpet in there

With SATA drives, there is no master/slave. You just plug them in and go. Just make sure the right drive is set to boot first, but that usually doesn't matter, because it will skip it until it finds a hard drive with an OS on it.

the sata red cable is connected from master to mother board. nothing happens. turns on and fan goes crazy....

and also. there are to female sata slots on the motherboard. i connected the red wire to where i remember seeing it before i took the computer apart. pls look at the pics i posted, tahts the status of my computer rite now

I should have said this earlier, I have no clue why I didn't. If you don't have another cable, take the red one from the hard drive on the left and put it on the right one.

The hanging wire is fine. Power supplies will usually come with extra plugs incase you decide to add things to your computer that need power.

Edit: Actually, try testing the RAM. Pull out all of the sticks except for one and try different slots. A bad stick of RAM could cause this. Also make sure the CPU is seated correctly.

Back
Top Bottom