my computer freezes! please help me

zoucha

Beta member
hi one random day my computer just froze the first time ever. now every other time i boot my computer it freezes. with every game i install some error comes up, and with counter strike source, it just forgets the next day, i have formatted my hard drive and this still occurs. i even switched my hard drive and the problem persists. any tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks

i got a program and it said i was virus free and spyware free. i dont know what the problem is

I seriously doubt its a virus cuz he formatted AND switched out his hard drive, so an antivirus program would do him little good.

^there is probably something wrong with the other parts. See if you replace parts 1 by 1 and figure out which one is causing the problem.

I seriously doubt its a virus cuz he formatted AND switched out his hard drive, so an antivirus program would do him little good.

^there is probably something wrong with the other parts. See if you replace parts 1 by 1 and figure out which one is causing the problem.

That will cost a shed load of money though.

How many sticks of ram do you have in it? If 2 take one out and try it, then try the other one, if the problem still persists it rules out the ram.

ok ill try the ram thanks for the advice

ok i ran Microsoft Windows Memory Diagnostic and on the results one test failed, the stride6. i have 2 ram cards in, a 1 Gb and 512 mb

Back
Top Bottom