My computer.

Shantei

In Runtime
I am really very annoyed because recently I purchased pretty much a whole new computer, customized of course. It was fairly expensive, a new 480w PSU, apparently best one available of it's type :confused: X1900 XT 512mb graphics card, 1gb of DDR2 Dual RAM running at 800MHz, new motherboard, the MSI K9N Platinum nForce 570 SLi and an AMD X2 Dual Core 4200+. Oh and a Professional 64bit edition of Windows.

It's really my very own mistake I done this, but for most of you who have read my specs you'll realise that I bought a SLi board when I got an ATi graphics card. The most irritating thing is they do the exact same board but with compatibility with Crossfire. Big ass mistake. Also I'll need at least a 550w PSU to have 2 graphics cards.

All I want is reassurance that this sytem will last me for a very long time, even with the big mistakes I have made and without 2 graphics cards. Is it still alright and it isn't all THAT bad as I make it seem to be? Thanks alot in advance!

that computer will last you definitely.. future upgrades in the videocard department can come from nvidias upcoming dx10 line so, it's ok that you have a x1900xt gfx card. your next upgrade should be your psu though, as you mentioned, you'll need a better psu to run sli.

Well thats the thing, I wouldn't want an Nvidia graphics card, I would only want ATi, but then again I got the wrong motherboard .. So I would either have to buy a new motherboard and another graphics card, or buy 2 new graphics cards which would be more expensive. But thanks for the post man, the reassurance was needed. :D

Edit: Oh sorry, forgot about the Direct X10 .. do you mean that Nividia are going to have the first cards enabling them? BecauseI thought it didn't matter, also I thought you had to have Vista for it.

well.. i'm just saying, once dx10 cards come out, you'll be dissapointed that you spent the time and money to get an sli rig with dx9 cards. nvidia won't nessecarily be the first ones to release dx10, as a matter of fact, i think ati will probably beat them to it, but i was just thinking it would save you from needing to spend another 100 or so dollars on a motherboard. dx10 works with windows xp, the only thing is the dx10 features won't be enabled, it'll just act as a dx9 card. with vista however, the dx10 capabilities are unlocked so yeah, that about sums it up.

Back
Top Bottom