My build please review it

Ehh. I'm no AMD fan, but if you choose to pursue that, much luck to you

As for everything else, it doesn't look too bad. I would step up the PSU a bit, not so much in wattage, but in amperage - It's a dual rail solution with 19A per rail which is a little shaky for my style. Try to make it a little more future proof.

EDIT: Also, i'm not exactly sure, but it looks like the motherboard you picked out will inhibit your core's capabilities. it shows a 3600Mhz hyper transport, which I just assume means 7200 M/T's. Your motherboard only shows capabilities for 2600Mhz hyper transport (5200 M/T's). based on that info I will assume that the motherboard can't fully handle the core you picked out.

So, that I may learn something about AMD's for the future to help others...How does the Hyper Transport work (ie: what's the specification)

Your motherboard is fine. Gigabyte makes a very good AMD board. I'm running one myself. If you want to save a few dollars though and not pay extra for the onboard graphics, here's another with the same specs: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P

You can save a bit of money on the HSF. I think Zalman's are very overrated and overpriced and I would much sooner go with the Xig. HDT-S1283. That's if you're overclocking. Stock cooling will be fine if you're not.
I agree with Grantofhell in one respect. The power supply you selected isn't the greatest. For only $5 more you can get a much better PSU in both quality and performance: OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W
+1.

Back
Top Bottom