I just wanna let you guys no about my rig. It's NICEEEEE. Ok, here we go:

3.46 EE Edition Pentium 4 with HT technology
Dual nVidia 6800's wit Sli
2 gigs of RAM
Dual 150 Gig Hitatchi 7200 Rpm Hardrives
Liquid cooled
17 in. BenQ Moniter
A T1 internet connection-at 5 Large a month

Yea. All this just for Doom 3. Got this sucker last month.
Post opinions and YOUR BIG BAD RIG!

WTF?! When did they release the sli boards for intel? I thought that wasn't for another month or two? Either way nice rig. Oh and next time say EE Pentium 4 not EE Edition since EE stands for extreme edition so you're actually saying extreme edition edition pentium 4. :p

EDIT: And if you don't mind me asking, what are you using this thing for anyway?

Oh. About the Sli. My dad works for nVidia, so Hes able to buy there technologies cheaper and before they come out. I can get the Dualies for around 700$!

EDIT: I use my Big Bad Rig for 3d editing, mapping, and my main passion, Doom 3!(and gaming in general)

Doom 3. I use my T1 connection for Doom 3 so I only get about 15 PING on Doom 3 Multiplayer.

EDIT: Oh yea, I use a good portion for playing pong.

Are you serious? You spent all that money on it JUST to play Doom 3? Not only that, but if all you wree gonna be doing is playing games, then you woulda been better off getting an FX-55. You also didn't need to 2 gigs of ram, but whatever obviously you had the money. Plus 6800 NU's are like equal to a 6600 GT, the difference is very small so you coulda spent less on those. And watercooling was pretty unecessary unless you're OC'ing, but whatever. Overall it's a pretty nice rig, but still flaws and some weird decision making.

and y a P4, (and y EE?!?!?!)....yes, wow, its .8ghz faster, but FXs are 64bit, therefor its faster,and Athlons u can OC about .6, especially if u have water cooling, hehe and what kind of 6800s? are they GTs, ultras, or normal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom