my 18x LG dvd burner burns only at 4x speed

Jorfee

Baseband Member
This burner gsa-h22n I believe has always worked fine but lately (past like 4 months) it has decided to burn at 4x speed. I use memorex 16x dvd-r's and it seems sometimes the spindles I buy will burn at 16x but lately its been only 4x. Any insight to this annoying issue? it burns at 4x no matter what program I use now.

Check the speed options in the program you are using. There should be a drop down box where you can choose the speed before you burn. Make sure it's set correctly.

I did and its grayed out like every other program I use. I used to be able to change it

Is it possible to try your disks in a different computer? I'm wondering if maybe you got a bad batch that can only go to 4x

Is it possible to try your disks in a different computer? I'm wondering if maybe you got a bad batch that can only go to 4x

If thats true then i've gotten more than one bad batch. they play fine and it seems now that i'll get a 50pk that more often will burn at 4x than the reg 16x. pretty annoying

If thats true then i've gotten more than one bad batch. they play fine and it seems now that i'll get a 50pk that more often will burn at 4x than the reg 16x. pretty annoying

ya its probably the batch you have, i had the same problem and i searched and searched and couldnt figure out why my speeds were soooo slow, turns out i got 4x dvd-rw's for an 18x burner (like yours) most dont realize the difference in price for dvd-rw's, its the speed at which they can be written at, also quality. i've noticed that when i buy cheaper brands there are a couple discs that say they are already formatted and unable to be written on right out of the box...

so most likely its the fact that you got a slow dvd-rw pack if you had good speeds before

Back
Top Bottom