Mutiple HDDs?

Lippy

Baseband Member
I see that everyone has more then one HDD. What's the point? Is it only because there's not enough space in one HDD? I see that people put the OS on 1 HDD and nothing else while putting every other file on a separate HDD. I'm going to build a computer real soon and was just wondering if there's anything beneficial to this. Does the computer load windows faster with a HDD that just holds the OS files and runs games faster on the other HDD without the OS?

Sorry If I'm being a total noob :3

If you have every thing on one HD and it craps, you lose every thing. If you have your data, pictures, music, and so forth on a second drive, you cut the risk of a total loss in half.
How ever you configure your system remember to BACK UP YOUR DRIVES.

How much space would I need If I plan on buying a SSD for my Windows 7 Ultimate?

Thanks for the quick response :)

When I install OS on the SSD would I have to install all the drivers of my computer on the SSD too? Or would the go in my data drive? Would a 64GB SSD cover everything I need?

Don't worry about drivers. drivers won't take much more space up in the grand scheme of things. a 40GB SSD is plenty for a basic Windows 7 install (that is, no extra programs, just windows) but if you buy or use another hard drive that you have already for data storage, it won't be a problem.

My work PC uses a 40GB Intel SSD, and a 750 GB Western Digital hard drive for storage, Works great.

Back
Top Bottom