MS Access. Unable to open.

Paulthebruce

Solid State Member
I recently got a new laptop with Vista and MS Office 2007 pro. All new to me coming from XP and Office 2003.

I loaded my Access Data Base and got the following error mesage:

The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: The expression you entered has a function name that Ringway can't find.

*The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined, or [Event Procedure].

When I open help I get the message below.

This error occurs when an event has failed to run because Microsoft Office Access cannot evaluate the location of the logic for this event.

For example, if the OnOpen property of a form is set to = [Field], this error occurs because Access expects a macro or event name to run when the event if fired.

On XP I did used to get a message "This file may not be safe if it contains code intended to harm your computer, do you want to open this file or cancel the operation"?

That message was the first thing to show at opening the dbase and I would choose "open" and all would be fine apart from the occasional bug here and there. The dbase is 10 years old.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, (I'm in a bit of a state with all the new software, OS ETC)

Many Thanks

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom