mouse skipping

convergecult

In Runtime
ok so i finally got my resolution problem taken care of but im still having the problem that my mouse is skipping all the time.. dell reinstalled my mouse drivers ect...and it fixed it for like the 20 min they were looking at it then started again. now it only happens when im using a usb mouse my touch pad works fine. it also only seems to do it when im loading music.video or images off the internet. i know it is not a virus or spyware since im on a fresh install of vista as of like 5 days ago and it did it 20 min after installation finished this is on my dell 1520 laptop by the way...info in my sig

If it's a Dell mouse odds are good it's a roller ball mouse. If that's the case clean it. If it's an optical mouse do 2 things.
Go in the mouse controls and lower the resolution of the mouse.
In both the roller and optical mouse the surface it's on could be the issue. The speckled counter top drives my optical mouse nutso.
But if neither of that's the case just go fork out 5 dollars and try another mouse.

well what im confused about is it is only doing it when im loading photos and things like that not all the time

i tried it on a different surface as well with two different laser mouses a laser cordless and a laser corded. I've tried all the usbs and still no luck

so....? no one in here has every had a problem with there mouse skipping? or am i just shunned from the forum for some reason

Back
Top Bottom