Motherboard/Video Card Compatibility Question

Yes, most probably would work by using the motherboard PCI express Graphics slot@ 4x but I won't recommend buying the motherboard try other motherboard that has the interface of PCI Express Graphics slot @16x. According to the motherboard specs it has 1 x PCI Express Graphics slot (@ x4 mode) By using the motherboard the video card would only run at 4X mode which is slower than the original capability of the video card which is 16x so you won't benefit from the video card full capability. Because the video card is using PCI Express @16x mode interface and the motherboard has only PCI express Graphics slot @ x4 mode there is also a big possibility that they might not be compatible with each other since some motherboard are very choosy with video card you're going to install. I suggest buying motherboard and video card with the same PCI Express x16 interface for full compatibility. About PCI express from Wikipedia PCI Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for more info on PCI express.

Wow, I posted this on the 18th, it's just now showing up lol.

Anyways, I already have that motherboard, I'm slowly upgrading my rig a piece at a time, starting with the video card. That's why I asked this. Eventually I'll get a new MB, CPU and RAM, but was trying to fix some graphics issues I was having with an old card by buying the new card first.

check out pcpartpicker.com. A nice website for figuring out if things are compatible.

Back
Top Bottom