Motherboard + Memory Compatability

r_moore04 said:
yeh all AMDs work will DDR, but not DDR2
A lot of times memory just willn't be compatible with the motherboard. It may have the correct slots for the memory but it may not be able to run at its rated speeds or it just might not be stable.

MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard
Memory
Number of DDR Slots 4x 184pin DDR
DDR Standard DDR 400 (PC 3200)
Maximum Memory Supported 4GB
Dual Channel Supported Yes

Yep, its compatible.

The Amish Kid said:
A lot of times memory just willn't be compatible with the motherboard. It may have the correct slots for the memory but it may not be able to run at its rated speeds or it just might not be stable.

You seem to be the only one that understands what i'm asking.

I know all about speeds, the motherboard takes DDR400, and the memory is DDR400, so theoritcally it should work. But as Amish kid said.. some motherboards just refuse to take certain brands or something... which is why i'm asking.

I want my new computer to be stable as a rock, not loose as liquid.

most mobo makers have some sort of list of which mem modules they recomend for best performance with their mobos

MSI has one of those.. unfortunatly... they are way more expensive than the G.Skill I mentioned... I really want 2 gigs of memory... arhg... Oh well.. i'll just rely on the 1 gb geil i'm getting for a while, then i'll get 2 gigs when it's cheaper.

I would try asking on their forums if anyone has had problems with that motherboard and using G. Skill memory.

Back
Top Bottom