Motherboard / Computer Fan Question??

cetrax

Baseband Member
Hello I just purchased a HP Pavilion HPE h9-111ot Phoenix cto desktop pc. The motherboard is a Pegatron IPISB-CH2 motherboard. It only has two fan connectors on the motherboard which are in use. One for the cpu and one for the case exhaust. Shouldn't it have more than that? Also I bought a extra fan and it came with adapters but I still could not find any power leads that fit it coming from the 600 watt power supply?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks..

Typically extra fans are connected through 4-pin molex connections (like old IDE HD's were connected), often daisy-chained with other components if there aren't enough connections.
Your extra fan has what kind of connection?

Thanks for the help. The fan has a 3 pin connector and came with a 4 pin molex adapter.

From my power supply I have free sata connectors, 2, 4, and 6 pin connectors? What are those for? But no molex 4 pin or anything like that. Would a splittler cable off of the mother board work for plugging two fans be my best option.

It is my understanding that the 4 and 6 pin connectors are for pci but why do I need so many of them?

Back
Top Bottom