Motherboard Bios

spearball

Solid State Member
Ok guys i might be in serious trouble and i want to fix it before anything happens and i can't boot my system anymore. I tried to downgrade the bios on my asus a8n32 sli deluxe because i though it would fix problem but instead it made things a lot worse. So i used asus update utility and i check the downgradable bios option and then tried to downgrade. It was working untill it got to verifying bios.....Then it failed. Now im scared to restart my pc in case it wont boot.... The asus update now says it cant get my bios information. But one thing..... When i open up CPU-Z it actually does give me bios version so now im mixed up. Is my bios really screwed is there anyway i can check and downgrade it properly before rebooting again?

Thanks

Best call here, would be to call asus. They can tell you exactly what to look for and what to do.

lets hope you have good cooling so you can leave it on for the rest of its life,

but seriously, could you try reinstaling the BIOS you had.
but i think the best thing to do like celegorm said, is ring asus

Look in your manual for instructions on using ezee flash for bios recovery, assuming you have a thumb drive, and you obviously have access to another pc.

if you don't want to try that then call Asus but I think you'll find they'll say the same thing, either that or they'll say send the board to them.

If you do use ezee flash and get your bios repaired (and for future reference) use the 2.11 or older version of afudos whenever downgrading a bios on Asus boards.

- Download afudos 2.11
- Make a bootable floppy in WXP
- Delete all files on floppy and copy over afudos 2.11 and old BIOS file
- Boot from floppy and execute in cmd prompt: afudos /i<name_of_rom_bios_file>

NOTE: If you do phone Asus just run this method past them in case I have the wrong updater and verify it will work on your board.

Never use AsusUpdate to downgrade a bios.

Hope that helps.

Yay thank god for asus crashfree 2 build in feature on this board. Figured out how to use asus crashfree to go to default bios and then had to do another update using the built in EZ update to the one i originally wanted because the older bios didn't support dual core cpu (FX 60).

Thanks for the help a_true_folder you made me remember that my board had this built in feature. And to all the others who pitched in.

nope, it's all hardware problems mainly, I don't post there much, usually just go to the thread of my current m/board, still learn some interesting tips though.

Back
Top Bottom