Mother board trouble shooting

ChasSe

Solid State Member
On start up I heard a slight pop and now there is no signal to the monitore. There is power to the MB, fans, video card fan, LED lights. The video card is good. There is no beep or sounds to show it's booting. There are no lights on the keyboard cap lock.

Does anyone have a site for MB trouble shooting. I'm pretty sure the MB is dead but would like to go through the check list.

Thanks

Sounds like a cap blew up in the power supply. With nothing getting power that's where I'd be looking.

There are a number of possibilities, and certainly a bad PSU is one of them.

If this were my computer, the first thing I'd do is test the 12v, 3.3v, and 5v rails. This will tell me if the problem lies with the PSU, or the motherboard.

Additional testing I did:
I checked the voltage to the video card, HD and CD drive, 8-pin power connector, and the 24-pin power connector.

I pulled the memory cards one-by-one while turning on the machine, stll no signal.

I checked the clock battery, and reset the Cmos.

I switched out the video card. No signal.

Any other ideas?

On start up I heard a slight pop and now there is no signal to the monitore. There is power to the MB, fans, video card fan, LED lights. The video card is good. There is no beep or sounds to show it's booting. There are no lights on the keyboard cap lock.

Does anyone have a site for MB trouble shooting. I'm pretty sure the MB is dead but would like to go through the check list.

Thanks
It seems like a big mother board problem which needs to be solved quickly

Back
Top Bottom