monitor resolution

pc trade post

Daemon Poster
alright so thsi is what happened.. i plugged in a monitor that goes up to 1280x1024 resolution. i have a dell monitor that only goes up to 1024x 768. when i unplugged the monitor that goes up to 1280x1024 and plugged in the dell monitor, the dell monitor had a resoltuion of 1280x1024. but, it says that the dell monitor can only go up to 1024x768. obviously, it can go higher than that because when i plugged in the dell monitor it was at 1280x1024. then, wehn i restarted, it said i can only go up to 1024x1280. so, i know that this monitor is capable of going higher than 1024x768, but it wont let me go any higher in the display settings. is there any way to get the higher resolution on this monitor?

If that monitor reports that it can only do 1024x768 then you should keep it at that. You may have been able to do 1280x1024 that one time but just becasue it can run at that res does not mean it's good for the monitor and that you should run it at 1280x1024.

ya well o well lol. im am getting a new monitor soon anyway. also, i had it at 1280x1024 for like 3 days and it was fine.

Maybe you changed the refresh rate. Try turning it down to like 60hz, and then maybe it will go to 1280x1024.

Well.. It can display anything really.. Other then widescreen. But, thats only the reccomended, for the best clarity. I think, I dunno, but you dont want it any smaller then that. Im assuming a 17'' moniter. So, yeah anything smaller then that, would put too much strain on your eyes.

Your graphics card can usually produce that resolution, but it depends on the monitor.

ya it doesnt strain my eyes, because i was using it for like 3 days and i like it just fine. i know it can produce 1280x1024 because it did wehn i unplugged the other monitor (which was compaq) and plugged in the dell, it still gave me the same resolution options as the compaq. it still thought i had the copaq plugged in, because when i went to display properties, it said, "compaq model blahblah" under the thign where you select the monitor. i just want to know if there is any kind of program or something where i can get a higher resolution.

Back
Top Bottom