Monitor Help

RGEKrew

Beta member
So I'm looking around to buy a monitor and I got aNVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX+ 512MB w/DVI + TV Out Video with my new comp coming.

Now when searching around for monitors they come as DVI, or DSUB or Dsub dvi

This maybe a stupid question with the fact it says DVI in the video card name, but does that mean it can only use DVI, or perhaps can I get one with just DSUB?

DVI is the connection on the video card, and the card doesn't come with DSUB (VGA blue port). So get a monitor with DVI connection. You could use an adapter, but I don't trust those adapters after I used a USB - PS/2 adapter and had trouble with my keyboard and shift/ctrl/alt. I have experienced better performance with a straight-through connection. Also, you're gonna want a widescreen monitor that supports a high resolution, as the card maxes out at 2560x1600. Cheers.

i think DVI looks way better than VGA.
My friend compared the 2, and i dont like playing games on his because its on VGA. We pretty much have the same setup too.
I wouldnt use the adapters, it seems like it puts too much weight on the connectors of the cards.

There's nothing wrong with using one of those dvi to vga adapters, I used one with my monitor and it worked just fine. Definitly get a dvi monitor though, it will look way better.

Back
Top Bottom