monitor/computer troubles

pleasehelpme1

Solid State Member
I have a compaq computer with a magnavox lcd monitor. This error from my monitor just occured when unloading my computer after i moved into my new house. I hook my monitor up to the computer and turn it on. Nothing happens to the monitor and when i turn it on it says ( OUT OF RANGE/NO INPUT SIGNAL) I Have tried everything and want too know a proffessional imput please thanks

Well i'm far from a proffessional but hers my input,lol. Make sure the cable between the computer and monitor is in tightly on both ends(if you can access it on the monitor). Do you have onboard video, or a video card, or both. if both, plug the monitor to the onboard video.

I do have a video card but it worked normally with the normal setup i had before i moved. Is the position of my monitor and my compter out of sync? could that get rid of the OUT OF RANGE error?

EDIT: also when i turn my computer on, the monitor doesnt work at all any suggestions from other people?

Do you have a wireless monitor? That error is probably just meant to solve two errors in one message, i would just worry about the no signal part.

Does the rest of your computer sound like it all starts?

yeah my keyboard and mouse both light up and my disk drive pops out. Its just im not getting a singal from my monitor to my computer at all. Eveything seems to be working with the computer. You think its the cord that attaches the monitor to the computer?

yeah i took them out and put them back in how tight must it be? should i screw till i cant screw anymore?

also if anyone has encountered this i would like too know your solution

Back
Top Bottom