Monitor choices

jbranum

Baseband Member
I had originally wanted to get this but after reading a lot of the reviews about overall quality, I'm thinking I should go with my original choice, the Samsung.

I play most FPS games, as well as some of the older RTS (waiting on SC2 !!!!) and WoW. I'd like to get into the Crysis-level gaming in terms of quality, and wanted to know if anyone had trouble with either in terms of gaming?

Also, the dell has a new "VESA" style of color and delivers "93%" of all color or soemthing like that..while all the other lcd's I found were WSXGA+ or the like. Is that important or will it not really matter?

And another note, to go with my new monitor, I'm looking at the 8800 series of cards. The GTX seems a little high for me right now, while the GTS/GT are within $50-75 of each other and yet ppl are telling me to just pay less and get a GT, I wont see a performance difference. Also, with the advent of pci-e 2.0 and myself only havign pci-e x16, will it matter that I buy a 2.0 card and put it in my x16 slot? UGHHHH I hate being out of date on the info, so please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Both monitors look good, dell is been known for better monitors than computers oh well. Samsung looks better I like their designs there curves are very nice, I have a Samsung too. So go with the Samsung IMO. I am ot sure sure about putting an 2.0 in a X16 slot will achieve 2.0 speeds, but since the GT has a newer core I would go with that one. I too have that question about putting a 2.0 card in a X16.

I just bought that samsung monitor. Should be here today or tomorrow.
Seemed like a really good deal, but I guess I'll know more once I get the monitor.

As for the video card, I'd go with a 8800GT.

I got the 226BW for christmas...I play CS which needs at least a 2 ms response time because 5 will not cut it and let me tell you it is way better than my CRT that I used to use. The color is amazing and everything is crisp and clear at 1680X1050 good choice there.

LCDs are pretty nice for games now. I still like my CRT though, the darker colors are still far superior.

anyway, the 226BW arrived yesterday.
And it's simply awesome! Picture quality is very nice. And obviously it's a huge monitor. It's worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom