Monitor buzzing

steel2

Solid State Member
I have a problem, just recently my computer monitor a SyncMaster 753df started making random quite, high pitch buzzing noises, it doesn't harm my ears, but it is very annoying, I've checked all my connections and settings, I am currently set at 1152x864 using a Radeon 9200 SE 128mb, at 75hz refresh rate, this is all well within safe parameters. Like I said, I checked everything I know of, and it continues to buzz, can someone please PLEASE help me solve my perplexing problem, thanks

Cesare(Steel2)

It sounds to me like a hardware problem. Have you thought about taking somewhere to get it looked at. Fry's electronics make diagnostics for free. But then you have to pay them to fix it.

I have found that Fry's electronics is the cheapest place to go. Even though the technicians are not the brightest around.

yah if you still have a warrenty on the monitor I would reccomend that you see about getting it replaced. it does sound like it is a hardware problem. ;)

This is why we have a computer help section! But it sounds like you have a problem within the moniter, a wire loose or something of that nature.

darn, thats what i was afraid of, ok i'll take your advice, i believe my warrenty is still valid i'll see if i can get it replaced, thanks

no it wouldn't normally be dying it apparently has some sort of problem. take it back and get another. ;)

i think i fixed it, i had it at 1152x864 at 60hz, when i distinctly remember setting it at 75hz, anyways i have it at 75hz and it no longer buzzes, thanks for your help you guys
cesare

Back
Top Bottom