Mobo/PSU problem

ArmedResponse91

Beta member
Hi, I recently installed 6GB of Ram (all of which is recognized in BIOS btw) in my system in order to install Vista Home Premium x64, However when i installed my new graphics card ATI Radeon HD 2900 Pro my computer beeped three times at me violently and then the screen went black. I have a Q6600 Processor and an Asus P5NESLI mobo. Could this beeping to do with my 500W Antec Earthwatts PSU or my motherboard? Please Help Thanks.

Reseat your video card. If it's still not working, try a different video card. I'm guessing it was 1 long then 2 short beeps?

The Radeon 3870 would be a great choice for that PC.

@ O.P., when you post and you need to add something, CF policy is that you "edit" the existing post instead of making a consecutive post, or "double-posting". Just remember that for future reference. ;)

I do believe your PSU actually can't provide that much needed power. What I'd do is to get a second hand PSU laying here and there, and plug in your drives, fans and CD drives. Put a paperclip in the green hole and any black-wired hole. Turn that on and turn the PC on.

The HD 2900 series cards require at least a 550W power supply. That may well be your problem as lhuser suggested.

Ok, you might just try the entire PSU to the system, and ask if you can swap them. Just say that the Video card needs more power and that PSU can offer the missing power.

Back
Top Bottom