mobo power issue

50mobber

In Runtime
My comp doesnt power up. ok i already rule out that i wasnt the psu since i plugged it in another computer and i powered it up. So now i want to test my mobo how would i do that??

Have you plugged a different PSU to your troublesome motherboard?

And as cavemangrinder suggested ... look for lights on the board itself. Also ... check the capacitors ... they look like the batteries you put in an older camera ... like half a AA battery. If they tops of the capacitors which have scored X's on them are blown open ... then you have blown capacitors which could cause your motherboard to not work.

the light one the mobo turns on. fans dont.....

I dont have another psu. What i did do was put it in to another computer i had and it powered it up

Is this a mobo that has been working and then all of a sudden stopped working? Or is this a recent build and you're troubleshooting why it won't boot?
If it's a recent build, I'd check the mobo manual and confirm you have the power connectors slotted in the right places. I.E. Power LED, HDD LED, Reset LED ... etc. Perhaps some of them are incorrectly placed.

And you've confirmed the capacitors are not blown?

its kind of recent build. it was working fine no problem. I took it apart to re wire it. when i connect it all back together it would boot up but no video signal. when i took it apart again to double check everything it would even turn on anymore.

I havent check the capacitors. How would i do that?

Back
Top Bottom