Mobo Overheating

philipcooper

Baseband Member
my motherboard keeps overheating to 50 celcius then turning my computer offi have installed 4 new fans and it is still doin this. does amyone know what else it could be

hellllllllppppppppp

Sure this aint just a need of a BIOS Update?

If not go buy some northbridge heatsinks for ur NB.

Or return the mobo.....it shouldnt do that :p

camers said:
Sure this aint just a need of a BIOS Update?

If not go buy some northbridge heatsinks for ur NB.

Or return the mobo.....it shouldnt do that :p
so is that a problem with the mobo

then nb coolers how much lower do they lower the temp of mobo

Well first of all id consider a bios update (some old versions give incorrect temps).

Then if its a new board and the update doesnt fix.. return it to retailer due to faultyness.

But if you get a heatsink with a lil fan it;ll be like <30C

camers said:
Well first of all id consider a bios update (some old versions give incorrect temps).

Then if its a new board and the update doesnt fix.. return it to retailer due to faultyness.

But if you get a heatsink with a lil fan it;ll be like <30C
it will drop it 20 degrrees celcius

it is a brand new board so it shouldnt need a bios update should it

p.s how do u go about updating ur bios

No when you get your board you neeeeeed to update it. Well what type of board is it? If its an asus your in luck.. Does it have a cd? Inc. something like firmware upgrader/bios update/asus update

it is a asus a7n8x-e

i downloaded montherboard monitor 5 and that say my motherboard is running at 50 degrees celcius then my computer goes off could updating my bios stop the computer from shutting down

Great, on that cd, pop it in till it autoloads. Then click on utilities or summing, looking for asus update of some sort, youll find it. Install it. Run it, then you want to flash your bios to the latest version automaticly from their website, the proggies guides you through.

what type of chipset are you talking about?

When you say that the Mobo is overheating do you mean the northbridge?

Yeh, the asus only give a readin of tht. Im sure its a bios update error thats it.

Back
Top Bottom