MOBO for E6600?

Vurnakes

Baseband Member
Hey, I'm trying to build a media, gaming, college computer, and I need to find a really good motherboard for the E6600 processor. Please let me know of any good possibilities.

After much research, I personally like this one:

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131025

I don't care about the negative reviews for that because it's obvious that those people don't know how to hook up motherboards. This is a high performance motherboard and I have to admit, the price is a little steep. But I love the features it comes with and the specs are off the wall.

TRDCorolla said:
After much research, I personally like this one:

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131025

I don't care about the negative reviews for that because it's obvious that those people don't know how to hook up motherboards. This is a high performance motherboard and I have to admit, the price is a little steep. But I love the features it comes with and the specs are off the wall.
That is a nice motherboard, that would be a good choice.

kchi55, the 680i boards are currently having a problem with sound issues like cracking and popping, not just a little, but making the games unplayable. This is only a known issue when running SLI, but if not running SLI 680i board is very very nice.

I was considering the 680i for my next build, but is the BadAxe 2 really worth the $330?

ownage said:
kchi55, the 680i boards are currently having a problem with sound issues like cracking and popping, not just a little, but making the games unplayable. This is only a known issue when running SLI, but if not running SLI 680i board is very very nice.
oh i didn't know.. i just read a few articles on how they're supposedly great for oc'ing, well hopefully they sort that problem out quick, or they'll have trouble competing with rd600 lol.

but still, without SLI, its a great board. I highly recommend it. RD600 will be insane, especially DFI's. Oskar Wu is designing it himself. They are finishing up the BIOS and getting in the chipset coolers, and then we should see it in some people's hands by the end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom