Mobo Dead or Something Else?

Solopopo

Beta member
About a month ago my computer wouldn't turn on after being turned off. I ended up replacing and manually resetting the cmos battery, which worked. But recently my computer went to sleep on it's own and would not wake up. The power button was flashing, but I was getting nothing else from it. I pulled the power to turn it off, because it wasn't responding to me trying to turn it off with the button. Now the computer is not turning on. I'm not sure if pulling the plug made things worse. Maybe it was resetting for an update and I jumped the gun by unplugging it? The only response I have manged to get out of it now is the disk drive turning on when I do the paper clip test on the psu with everything else but the main 24 pin connector plugged in.

The computer worked fine for about 3 months leading up to the first time I couldn't get it started. I haven't changed anything since the first time I tried resetting the cmos.

In my last thread someone suggested it could be the mobo OR the PSU. So which should I replace? Both to be safe? I read in the feedback section for my motherboard on Newegg, that pulling the power causes the Mobo to stop working, but only two people are saying this. Every other review is relatively positive. But there are a few accounts of mobos being DOA or failing a few months in (which is what mine seems to have done).

Here is a list of everything I used to build my computer:

(mobo) Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com...
(psu) Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com...
(ram) Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com...
(hard drive) Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com...
(disk drive)Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com...
(case) Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com...
(video card)Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com...
Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com...

Back
Top Bottom