Mini breaks when contacting CF

Brookfield

Golden Master
About every 8 to 10 days I can't contact CF for about an hour, then, after a re-boot, it comes back, like it did just now, during the breaks I get the "Cannot display this page" comes up, internet's fine, as are emails from sources other than CF, after the last time it happened, I asked if anyone else had difficulties, but no, as I said, they are very short breaks, one was only 45 minutes, but generally they last 60 t0 90 minutes, I asked my guy who does my repairs etc a couple of months ago, he said said to do a search, I did, including hidden files, AVG checks daily, but it's alway clear of viruses, & has been since April last year, I can't make it out.

Today and quite a few times ive been unable to access CF. Nothing appears... not even a page not found, well not always anyway.

Also on the forum page when u come to look at the posts, is there a way to stop it from displaying the amount of pages present, ie 1083? this really slows down the loading time of the page while it waits until all the numbered buttons are loaded lol.

^Mike^ said:
How often do you reboot your computer? Do you turn it off every night?
I tend to leave it online from 7am til 10pm, then turn it off overnight until 7am the next morning again.

Anubis1980 said:
Today and quite a few times ive been unable to access CF. Nothing appears... not even a page not found, well not always anyway.
That's exactly the same as me.

Anybody else?? surely it can't be just Anubis! er, incidentally, did you adopt this username because you are a fan of Stargate, like me?

David has been updating the site, so possibly something to do with that. Also try clearing your browser cache etc. That sometimes sorts it out.

Lol Brookfield, no i didnt choose the name cos of that ;) its rather more sad im afraid, i studied Classical Civilisations at Uni ;)

Anubis1980 said:
Lol, Brookfield, no I didn't choose the name cos of that ;) its rather more sad I'm afraid, I studied Classical Civilisations at University ;)
Don't apologise!, much more sensible, the best of luck for your future :D

Raffaz said:
David has been updating the site, so possibly something to do with that. Also try clearing your browser cache etc. That sometimes sorts it out.
Have you tried that? In IE go to Tools > Internet Options > Then click "Delete"

brookfield said this has been happening to him every 8 - 10 days which much mean its a re occuring problem. davids only been updating the site for the past few days. dunno what it could be. it sounds like quite a pattern though :confused:

Back
Top Bottom