MB for games?

clandestinex337

In Runtime
I have the 6800 ultra PCI-E and AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 1GHz FSB 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor,

and im looking for a MB, im basically going to be using it for games, i want something that i will be able to up my parts with, so yea my limit is around 200 lil over is cool.

Thanks!

May I say, a great system you have there :D

As for the motherboard, it depends all on what features you want.

Do you want it to be SLI, so you can add another 6800 ultra at a later date to add to performance?
What type of RAM do you want it to support? etc.

These are all questions you have to ask yourself, and there are so many companies out there, its hard for me to just choose one you might like, since the motherboard is what everything runs on.

I've got an Abit motherboard, and I think they are a good make, though theres also Gigabyte (supposed to be very good), ASUS and DFI, etc.

BOARD EXAMPLE:

If the case may be that an X2 will work on a standard 939 board (I think it does), this seems like a great motherboard:

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/dfinf4sli/13.html

In a review, it tested the exact processor you had anyway so it seems like it does support it, and also got excellent results :p

Dishdog said:
US dollar(USD) or canadian dollar(CAD)?
USD
---

And i have 1.5gigs of DDR 400 if that helps, So yea a lil over 200 is fine, SLI would be nice also, i just want something that i would be able to use for future upgrades, cuase the MB i have atm is out of date so i have to upgrade it heh, and since im upgrading it i have to upgrade my CPU. So i just want somehting that is upgradeable without having to buy and entire new machine
Thanks for help again

Check my post. It seems like the perfect board for you :p ^

You just need to find a retailer that works in USD that will sell it you.

Its SLI compatable, works with your processor, supports DDR400 RAM, and has excellent upgrading potential.

Back
Top Bottom