Daemon Poster
Ok here is my current setup:
Pentium D 925 3.0ghz 4mb l2cache
Intel D865gsa micro-atx
Corsair 512x2 ddr400 dual channel
XFX 7600gs 256mb 128bit agp 8x

now this case is already on its way
Coolermaster 690
now this case fits matx and atx so this way i when i upgrade it will be cheaper because i can keep my Lite On Drive, Harddrive, and Case, and i will be buying an antec 500 later because it has removable chords and will better put up with a new rig but my 450 will do for now :)

so now on to what im thinking of upgrading too

Keep my Pent D 925 3.0ghz (just for now to make things cheaper, im getting a job when i turn 16)

EVGA Mobo $95(not pcix16 2.0 but it will be alright)
OCZ Gold 2x2gb DDR2 800 Dual Channel Kit $90
and
ASUS 8800gt 256mb

now do you think my processor will keep up for now or will i be looking for a core2duo right away? thanks!

i also may go with 2gb's of ram to make it cheaper, and maybe go with the hd3850 but i will make these decisions when i have the money, but until then i want to know if it will bottleneck the video card because maybe the cpu is too slow or wutever? thanks!

Well I would keep the ram, since thats a pretty good price for 4 gigs.

I would try to get the Core2Duo as soon as possible, those pentium d's aren't really the best.

i dont think it will bottleneck caause i have the same processor as you

not bad of a setup(but if u get a new processor, get a q6600)

yeh so i will probably just buy this peice by peice, but this seems like it should play my games just with better graphics,

i play
Call of Duty 4
F.E.A.R.
THe Orange Box (all great games)

i play all these above 30fps (fear barely)
but i should get some great performance out of this new setup what do you think?, and the reason for keeping my processor for a while is because at the moment it is never under full load because its a TANK!

the only reason for me upgrading is to finally take advantage of pcix16 and to stay up with the future, also when pci2.0 mobo's become cheaper ill just buy that and ddr3 ram :)

well maybe, i dont feel like spending the extra 60 bux for something i wont really need, but i may look at it!

Back
Top Bottom