May have made......

easyrider003

Solid State Member
the wrong decisions with this purchase, but I have purchase mostly everything for my first build. All the items were purchased from newegg.com and they have a 30 day return policy. So if you see anything thats needs changing let me know and I will attempt to return for the appropriate item(s). This is my first build and I am excited about trying to do everything myself. If I run into any problems I have a few friends who would be willing to help. Any tips to offer for the first build? Things that I should possibly be on the lookout for that may give me trouble?

So here is my list (with possible links):
1. G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH

2. XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

3. Rosewill - Pellucid HD Series Swivel HDMI cable (10 FEET) (which was free)

4.AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

5. LOGISYS Computer Area 51 CS51WSL Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 480W Power Supply. (going to upgrade the psu, which would you recommend for possible crossfire in the future?)

6. ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
Xtreme Design w/ CrossFireX, DDR3 1800

Hope everything is correct.

Also, do I need a PSU that is Crossfire Ready? The reason I ask is because I found a 750w corsair that said something to the effect of "crossfire ready". Will just a regular ol' 750w be sufficient?

Thanks

Everything looks good, are parts are compatible. Most all quality, higher wattage power supplies are Crossfire/SLI compatible.

Yes, the only thing that makes a PSU crossfire/sli capable is the amount of power it puts out. There's really nothing special about them. Be sure to get a good, reliable PSU though, don't get some generic brand cheap PSU.

it all looks good to me i just did a build almost identical to that except i used the 890 chipset and 1600 MHz RAM same graphcis card the 3.2 GHz quad processor the step down from that one is it runs absolutely amazingly

Back
Top Bottom