In the market

Dumpweed

Beta member
I am in the market for a new computer and the 2 finalists are::
Dell:: IntelTM PentiumTM 4 processor 550 with HT® Technology (3.40GHz, 800 FSB, 1MB L2 cache)
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz
17" (16.0"vis) Monitor
80GB6 Ultra/ATA 100 Hard Drive
128MB PCI Express x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI RadeonT X800 XT
1 Yr Limited Warranty4 and 1 Yr At-Home Service5

Alien ware::
Processor
AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64
3500+ Processor

Operating System
Microsoft® Windows®
XP Home Edition

Memory
1GB Dual Channel DDR
PC-3200 SDRAM 400MHz

Hard Drive
160GB Seagate® SATA
with 8MB Cache

Graphics Processor
ATI RADEONâ„¢
9600XT 128MB

Sound Card
Creative Sound Blaster®
Audigy® 2 ZS 7.1 HD Audio

the dell is cheaper and comes with a ton of free shit and the Alien ware is better but cost more and dont whant to spend 2,200$ on one so help me out ples.

I would suggest building your own. I did and I paid only $900 for mine, and I personally don't think my system is that bad.

Also, when you buy from a manufacturer you get a lot of "good" software that you don't need, and in most practicality will never use. If you already have Windows XP, or XP Professional, I would suggest just staying with building your own and ordering the parts from a website like newegg.com or something of that order, not from a manufacturer.

Umm I dont think you have to correct specs on that Dell. all x800 have 256 megs of RAM. Maybe you mean X700XT.

I copy and pasted it.....I really have no skill in building computers and would just like one to play all the new games on.Can you guys rec or tell me were to find out about building your own?

I dont really like either of those comps both seem to be junk.

Some people dont like http://www.ibuypower.com dont know why. There prices own. They say it takes a while for them to build your system and such, like a couple of weeks.

But my friend sat around waiting for his alienware for a month or so and just got it last week.

Here is the one I recommend http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=65

I would upgrade to 1024MB RAM and a 939 3500+

Fully customizable and fast.

Out of them 2 I'd go with the alienware for gaming-Definitly...

You would be much much much better of building your own though :D, trust me it might seem hard, But stick around and you will learn a LOT of stuff.

if i know what i know now i wouldn't have bought my computer...$1400.00 and theres not a single thing left in it that came with it. these guys are right make a computer, you'll get exactly what you want and it wont be full of advertising and it wont cost as much, oo yea the alien ware computer say's 160gb "seagate" hard drive...i'd stay away from that brand, i had mine for a month and it was cooked...my friend had his for 4 months and his was screwed, and he works on oil rigs so he's was only on it 2 months outta the 4

Back
Top Bottom