making dvd copies

darkserpant

In Runtime
I am in the process of making copies of all the dvd movies I own,which are pretty many. Anyway I use dvd shrink to decode and whatever else that program does to allow me to fit it on a blank dvd. Then I use nero to burn to disc. The problem is I can get about 4 or 5 movies copied before my computer tell me I am running low on memory. Then I have to wait a couple of days before I can start coping again. I guess after a couple of days it regains memory again. I have 1gig of memory if you needed to know that. Is there any solution to this problem? Thanks

First of all copying commercial dvd's as long as you own the copy you're using as the source and have the receipt to prove it, you can make an archival copy. The illegal area of this is the breaking of the security codes that copy protect the content. Catch 22 BS if you ask me.
As for it holding up your memory XP has a poor memory manager to start with. Add doing copy after copy and it gets to be a cluttered up mess. I would suggest after 2 movies you reboot and take a break while it reboots.
My partner has a great dvd how to at our place.

Back
Top Bottom