make video fit screen size help!!!

theshadowxx

In Runtime
Hey i need help i have a video on my comptuer (using realplayer) that i want to watch I can watch it fine but its just annoying that it doesnt fit my whole screen when, i set the video to full size it. it leaves the sides empty. just plain black. heres what i mean how can i fix this? i've tried re-encoding it using SUPER (encoding program) and changing the settings i set the video scale size to 640x480 and the aspect ratio to 16:9. I have a 19inch widescreen dell monitor. but nothing changes... what can i do?

stuff.jpg

Looking at the screenshot you uploaded it looks like the video aspect ratio is correct at 640 x 480. That is a 4:3 aspect ratio, so if you play it on a 16:9 display you are going to get black bars on the sides. Otherwise you will be stretching the video and it will look funny. Another way would be to zoom in and cut off the upper and lower parts of the video.

If I were you, I would watch it like your screen shot. If you want 16:9, it would be best to obtain the video in 16:9.

is there a way i can re-encode it to something so that it can be in 16:9 aspect ratio ? what would the dimensions be for that?

I don't think so, that video was taken at that aspect ration and the resolution, so to make it full screen you would have to stretch it which will make everything a lot fatter.

is there a way i can re-encode it to something so that it can be in 16:9 aspect ratio ? what would the dimensions be for that?

The best you could do with the video would be to crop the top and bottom to make it 16:9, but you would be losing some of the video (at the top and bottom of course) and if you played it full screen the quality of the video probably wouldn't look as good.

There is a way to "recode" a video into in slightly Bigger screen.

Download: (Google Media-Coder)

Install it select the file and Click HD and click your Reaulution.)

Click Full-screen. and your Done.

The Normal Time for a 21 Minute Video/Video Clip is :4 Hours of recodeing.

but be carefull not to mix up the sound ect.

and dont over-write the file that you already have (make a copy)

There is a way to "recode" a video into in slightly Bigger screen.

Download: (Google Media-Coder)

Install it select the file and Click HD and click your Reaulution.)

Click Full-screen. and your Done.

The Normal Time for a 21 Minute Video/Video Clip is :4 Hours of recodeing.

but be carefull not to mix up the sound ect.

and dont over-write the file that you already have (make a copy)

Can this software transcode from 4:3 to 16:9 full-screen without cropping the video?

i downloaded Media-Coder and I could not following your instructions whatsoever. I have SUPER (encoding program) and i've read many things that its actually better than media-coder, is there a way to do it on the program that I use? or any other programs?

That's real player right? I don't think it can go full screen. I could be wrong. Been years since I used real player. I use GOM player and it can take any video and go full screen with it. www.gomplayer.com

And as for you antistealth,
If you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...

Antistealth your posts are worthless....

theshadowxx:
I use VLC media player, I know it can go full screen, however i don't know what the video quality would be with the video you are trying to watch. I would suggest trying out a few other media players, then compare the results.

VLC link: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Back
Top Bottom