major problem...my system won't idle

saviornot

Solid State Member
For some reason my explorer is running the procesor at 100% non-stop. When I pull up the "Windows Tasks Manager" it shows the cpu usage and it's CONSTANTLY at 100% cpu usage. I make sure ALL programs minus the backround ones are closed. It shows that explorer is using all of the cpu. It only gives up the processer just enough to run other programs I'm opening. It takes forever for me to open anything. That little green sheet with the green line is all the way to the top the whole time.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or advise. Thanks very much guys!!

saviornot said:
For some reason my explorer is running the procesor at 100% non-stop. When I pull up the "Windows Tasks Manager" it shows the cpu usage and it's CONSTANTLY at 100% cpu usage. I make sure ALL programs minus the backround ones are closed. It shows that explorer is using all of the cpu. It only gives up the processer just enough to run other programs I'm opening. It takes forever for me to open anything. That little green sheet with the green line is all the way to the top the whole time.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or advise. Thanks very much guys!!
maby virus im think it is, try system restore, if not virus scan, if not restore windows or reinstall. but do this in safe mode of couse

Back
Top Bottom