Mac vs. Windows

I know this question must have been asnwered 100000+ times before, but for some reason i cant find it anywhere. I am an experienced windows user, and have no experience whatsoever with mac. After all of my years playing with windows i ahve finally come to the conclusion that bill gates can kiss my a$$. I heard that mac's were more stable and less prone to attack and thats about it. I went shopping around for a ibook, and their pretty expensive and according to the specs, arent very powerfull for the price. Will someone please explain to me in detail, why i would rather have a 1.2 ghz ibook, over a 2.5 ghz pc for the same price. Please tell me why mac is supposetly better than windows. Thank you.

In my experience macs work better for office/buisness use. i havn't used a mac in a couple of years though.

I wouldn't get a mac. Just because 1 the PRICE IS CRAZY! 2 a lot of things dont' support it.

I love macs.. I've got an iBook G3 500MHz that I love like a girlfriend.. and i use to have an iMac G3.. but sold it on eBay for vacation money.

lot of businesses like Mac because they believe it is safer and more stable than windows and they have more control over the misuse from employees.
The safety issues derive from the fact that there was less Mac owners and thus the viruses and worms were designed with windows in mind, but that has begun to change as there have been reports of worm attacks in the Mac systems now.
The stability issue is a kind of related issue to the security. Being that windows xp and xp pro are the most stabalist operating system built, as all OS have issues....windows was more used and in such was more abused by it's own users that it was unjustifiably clasified as unstable. Add that to the security issues and it was compounded. In truth the windows users were/are costantly downloading incompatable programs and then tweaking the registry and then claiming foul when the system went down, when in fact it was mostly brought on by their own misuse.
At the same time there were less gaming and programs and tweaks that could be performed on macs thus less down time and they gained the reputation of being more stable. But all that is changing now and macs have just as much down time and in such is loosing that place in the market and you are now seeing the retail pricing dropping and more advertiseing and the likes so that macs can compete more in the open market.

I have had a few Macs. First, if you want a game, expect to spend twice as much on it then you would if you buy the PC version. I just went and bought CoD for 19.99$, and the MAC version is still 49.99$
Also, I had some crashing problems, before the system was even hooked up to the internet. All in all, I am alot more satisfied with anything besides a Mac.

Hi, NONE of you have answered my question. I know macs are more stable, but i also know that they are alot less powerfull. The highest you can get an ibook is 1.33 ghz. To me, a windows user, that seems minimal. Is 1.33 ghz different on a mac that on a pc?

Back
Top Bottom