Mac Laptop

Karen L

Beta member
My daughters Laptop (Toshiba-Tecra) is on it's last legs.

Of course---she wants a MAC replacement. Small-thin-lightweight-cool ALLLLL of her friends have one!;)

Hubby--cannot get his head around a MAC. Says they are proprietory..no other software will work..too expensive to buy all new. Pricey to fix--you name it, he hates it.

What's really the deal?:rolleyes:

Oh god. Have you tried to convince here that Macs are overpriced, overrated POS? The Macbooks are no smaller than any other laptop on the market, and are a lot more expensive. Does she know about all the drawbacks that come with the air? No optical drice, only one USB port, very poor performance for the money and the fact that macbook air owners are completely misinformed idiots.
There are some great alternatives to a MAC. The Sony Vaio FZ series, the Toshiba Satellites, the Dell XPS... And they will all be cheaper and give better performance.

Don't buy her a macbook air!!

Your husband is right about mac. Let her look at some pc's.

yeah she will have to buy loads of new stuuf and lots of software,games and otherwise will not work on it, you can find WONDERFUL laptops that will way outdo macs in price and bang for buck just offer her something sweet on the pc side lol...

OH and just wait 010100100011 is going to eat this up lolz.

if she wants something small, get her an eee pc. small and they dont do much...just like the mac air! but about $1500 less! (note: i'm not putting the eee pc down, i think its a great and innovative idea...)

Okay--so not fans here huh? LOL

Thanks everyone for the worthwhile info. I guess he really does know what he is talking about!:rolleyes:

macs arent as bad as they seem, sure overpriced, yea you can get alot better for cheaper. BUT, if i didnt play any games at all, then i wouldve saved more money for a mac instead of my comp, that sometimes crashed unexpectedly on me. and then microsoft never has any answers on the operating system that they made.... both my mom and my brother have macbook pros and love them..no problems.

Macs aren't overpriced. When Apple releases a new product, it is at a fairly good price. Probably better than average. However, this is just when it's released. On average they release a new product every 215 days. Over those 215 days, their product that was there new product, will be come overpriced because they don't update their price as prices go down ect.... IIRC They just released a new product a month ago, and last time I checked, it was at a price better than normal.

I agree on the EeePC:
eeepc3.jpg

You might want to install XP on it over the Linux based OS though.

Buy a standard laptop. You'll get more performance for less.

Friends will start complaining also when you can be doing hundreds of things fast at once while they are still loading up

Back
Top Bottom