Low FPS :(

bobbylief

Beta member
Ok. Well I'm playing this mod called Garry's Mod on steam.
My FPS is 7-10 No Higher than 11.

PC Specs:

4GB Ram

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 Ghz

64-bit operating system

NVIDIA GeForce 8200

PLEASE HELP!

well I looked up the specs of your graphics card and it seems to be onboard graphics.

Some Onboard graphics aren't really crash hot with gaming, it might seem find watching dvd's but in games no way.

My onboard graphics is 512mb but when I play a game so simple like World of warcraft for instance even on the lowest settings it still glitches like a mofo.

Trying investing a graphics card if you just want a cheap one that will do for now just get a 512mb card. and learn how to overclock it

i dont have a budget i just want it fixed!!!!!

someone told me to overclock it what does that mean?

i dont have a budget i just want it fixed!!!!!

someone told me to overclock it what does that mean?

Is this a prebuilt computer, or one someone else built for you? By prebuilt I mean Dell, HP, Acer, Gateway etc. If so, what is the model?

Overclocking is making a component run over the speeds at which it is sold to be at. If you don't know what you are doing, don't even attempt it until you have a very, very firm idea of what you are doing and what it does. I wouldn't even try to overclock an onboard GPU, if indeed you can at all, not only because performance gain would be next to 0, but also because of extra heat build up. The heatsinks on the chips aren't designed to take large amounts of heat, and when done properly, overclocking won't throw out substantially more heat, however that bit extra, I wouldn't personally be comfortable with

Acer Computer

I turned all the settings down and it is now like 11-13 FPS, Everyone elses is like 30! and i thought my computer was good!

Your computer isn't bad, just not good at gaming. Nothing you do will change that unless you get a new graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom