Low Disk Space??!!

Affirmedhope

Baseband Member
okay my dad just installed windows mE then we bought a upgrade for windows XP to upgrade the ME to XP and now it says we got only 64MB and 1.99GB of space but last time we had XP on our computer we had a ton of space i mean like alot of MB and GB so can someone tell me why this is happening now

Well, It probably took 1 gig for each OS...ME Still stays on your computer in case you want to reomve XP and return to ME....And XP prob takes up about a gig as well...
Sorry if any of the above is wrong

On a 2 Gig Drive? XP takes up about 3 Gigs on mine; don't know about any other ones but if you've kept ME then it'll be very close to 2 Gigs. You should probably have 10Gigs worth of Hard Drive for XP.

Yeh xp takes quite a bit of space, well it does on mine, try deleting some files LOL :D

Lol; or not selecting some options in the Add/Remove Programs Setting of Windows. Do you use the Internet? If not; uncheck the Internet Options on there; Internet Explorer; MSN Explorer; other internet related things. Maybe the Games.

All depends what you want to do with it?

Yes but thats more like temp internet files and stuff not really programs etc but u r right it does clean quite a bit :D

Tommy Boy said:
how about just buy a bigger hard drive...lol
Now why didn't they think of that ? Oh My Lordy Lordy.
By the way folks does an upgrade XP really get it done as opposed to a brand new start ?

New Start would be better and cleaner. Upgrade is cheaper though from the start. The CD you would have got from the manufacturer would be a New CD; so it isn't cheaper in that situation... really depends.

Back
Top Bottom