Lost in the world of upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
my apologies poker. it is 32 bit hun.:cool:

Which video card are you talking about hun, we have talked about a couple of different ones, lol

Oh well if you are running 32 bit you are better off just getting 2 GB's of ram because you will not be able to utilize much more than 3Gbs total as physical memory because your computer will appoint the rest to be used as adress memory for your MMIO (memory mapped input output) which will be used to run hardware such as onboard graphics, video cards, sound cards, USB ports etc. You will be able to upgrade later to 4GBs if you get a new OS by just buying the same set you already have or you could just upgrade to a whole new 2 x 2GB set also...:D:D And yet again the ones that Rohan suggested will do ya good... I have the same memory only a 2 x 2gb set and it is FAST.... G. Skill is very good RAM.... +1 To Rohan....:D

About the GPU im sorry I thought for some reason you had said you had a Graphics card you were using.... I musta been thinking of another thread... My bad..:(
Edit.... THe Radeon 9250....Arent you going to reuse that???

Wow! Any dude that joined would have 3 pages at most. This chick doubled it. Tells lots about the people here. Good luck all! :D:D

Wow! Any dude that joined would have 3 pages at most. This chick doubled it. Tells lots about the people here. Good luck all! :D:D

LMFAO....:D:D Aint that the truth Joga....But most men wouldn't ask this amount of questions they usually get the answer and be done with it... You know how woman are....No offense OP...:D

i think the reason why it got long was because we try to convince the OP to get the quad since its only a few dollars more.
When we go back and forth like that, the thread tends to get longer than usual

Oh well if you are running 32 bit you are better off just getting 2 GB's of ram because you will not be able to utilize much more than 3Gbs total as physical memory because your computer will appoint the rest to be used as adress memory for your MMIO (memory mapped input output) which will be used to run hardware such as onboard graphics, video cards, sound cards, USB ports etc. You will be able to upgrade later to 4GBs if you get a new OS by just buying the same set you already have or you could just upgrade to a whole new 2 x 2GB set also...:D:D And yet again the ones that Rohan suggested will do ya good... I have the same memory only a 2 x 2gb set and it is FAST.... G. Skill is very good RAM.... +1 To Rohan....:D

About the GPU im sorry I thought for some reason you had said you had a Graphics card you were using.... I musta been thinking of another thread... My bad..:(
Edit.... THe Radeon 9250....Arent you going to reuse that???

can I use the radeon sapphire 9250? it's not a new graphics card, have had it about 2 1/2-3 years.:confused:

i think the reason why it got long was because we try to convince the OP to get the quad since its only a few dollars more.
When we go back and forth like that, the thread tends to get longer than usual

lol yes they have been trying real hard to get me to get a quad core, but I honestly havent decided yet. :p

can I use the radeon sapphire 9250? it's not a new graphics card, have had it about 2 1/2-3 years.:confused:

Unfourtunately new motherboards dont have AGP,Im pretty sure that the 9250 is AGP only,You can double check that by using This program:

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/

Download it and install that,then run it.Once the program has started,on the seventh row,there will be a label "bus interface",the box next to it will tell you if your graphics card uses AGP or PCIE,If it uses PCIE you will be able to use it.If it uses AGP,you wont.

As far as quad core goes,i just went from dual core to quad core and it's SO much faster! Especially if you multitask alot! If you dont,it wouldnt be worth it as you dont see it's true power until you multitask.

Neo that it what I have been trying to get everyone to understand. I dont multi-task alot at all. at most i have maybe 5 things open and thts not even all the time either. I keep asking why go quad core when I wont use or see it's full potential. That was why I was looking at the AMD Athlon 64x2 6000+ 3.1 ghz processor. it has 421 reviews, all really good. If i did more I could honestly see getting a quad core, but i really dont do much.

Neo that it what I have been trying to get everyone to understand. I dont multi-task alot at all. at most i have maybe 5 things open and thts not even all the time either. I keep asking why go quad core when I wont use or see it's full potential. That was why I was looking at the AMD Athlon 64x2 6000+ 3.1 ghz processor. it has 421 reviews, all really good. If i did more I could honestly see getting a quad core, but i really dont do much.

Uh hun 5 things open is multitasking.... If you are listening to music, chatting on IM, surfing the web with a couple pages open you WILL notice a difference....:D:D Oh yeah and dont forget when your Antivirus is running...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom