Lost BF2 CD key

band-aid

Baseband Member
I will never know why in gods name they put that thing on the manual rather than the case. Well I've lost the manual and want to install the game on my new laptop. I have the game installed and working on my desktop so the CD key has to be on there somewhere but I have no idea where to look. The game is registered with EA and I do have the account information it is registered to. Can they give it to me.

Also, does anyone have any idea how a write to the registry would be accomplished in the registry, I'm thinking about looking at the CD key changer program that came with the game with ollydbg in hopes of figuring out where it is located.

Thanks for the help.
Band-aid

You can find your registry key that contains the CD key on your desktop.
Open regedit START->RUN->regedit and open

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ELECTRONIC ARTS or EA GAMES/

In one of these folders there should be BF2 and a folder called ergc. in ergc is your cd key.

Do this at your own risk.

You can get your cd key from the ea website, just login w/ the id that you registered with and you should be able to get your cd key.

You can get your cd key from the ea website, just login w/ the id that you registered with and you should be able to get your cd key.

I think that only works if you registered the game.
Registry will be your best bet.
Or then you could always try to e-mail EA's customer support or something.

Back
Top Bottom